Nylon is a common thermoplastic resin typically used for injection molding applications. Nylon 6 is a tough, abrasion-resistant material. It has improved surface appearance, creep resistance, and processability compared to nylon 6/6. Glass reinforced nylons provide stiffness retention for automotive, appliance, construction, and computer components. Nylon 6 is used in applications where toughness, lubricity, and wear are important, such as gear wheels.
- Good mechanical properties and extreme toughness
- Good impact-absorbing characteristics
- Outstanding self-lubrication and abrasion resistance
- Wide temperature range
- Excellent chemical resistance
- High water absorption
- Poor chemical resistance to strong acids and bases